The Digital Age (Editing Production Blog)

 Dearest reader,

Today I began editing our short film. Filming wrapped yesterday. We filmed the scene we needed of everyone getting in the car. After finishing at Alexandra’s house I did have to get ready for a birthday dinner immediately. This meant that there was no discussion of editing yesterday.

This morning I woke up and had birthday brunch with my grandparents who live in West Palm Beach. This was about an hour drive up and another hour back plus the time spent there. With all this to say, I got to editing later in the day. First, I reached out to my group. I checked in to see how we wanted to divide up the work amongst the group. 

We decided we would meet via FaceTime to discuss what editing platform to use tomorrow. With a call scheduled for after school tomorrow, I checked in to see if there was anything else I could do for the group. The group needed the clips we took Friday and Saturday to undergo some slight pre-editing. We collected the clips from the various phones we filmed on. The clips were spread out because of the phone dying while filming as I mentioned yesterday. 

Once all the clips were gathered, I asked my teammates to send them to my Gmail account. Since I recently got an IPad, I decided to do the editing using IMovie. I downloaded the clips from my Gmail but a few were missing. This is since some of the footage which we kept rolling for a longer time was too large to be sent via email. I found a way to have everyone upload those longer clips through Google Drive. Once I had all the clips, I simply used IMovie to crop out the footage we did not need and thin out the unnecessary footage. I then re-uploaded the edited clips to the Google Drive for future easy access. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection

Timelines and Transitions (Editing Production Blog)

Take One (Filming Production Blog)