Timelines and Transitions (Editing Production Blog)

 Dearest reader,

Today, we continued editing our short film. We met via FaceTime once all members were home from school. There was a bit of back and forth between which editing platform to use. I made a case for ClipChamp mentioning the ability to use many tools for free. I found ClipChamp to be a saving grace on my last project. 

Ultimately, the group settled on CapCut. I had made it abundantly clear to my group that my editing skills are subpar. While I made sure to enthusiastically emphasize my willingness to edit the footage should they want me to, I can not promise much skill for the group. It was agreed that the editing work would be split fairly evenly amongst members. First, we needed to import the clips off of the drive and onto CapCut. 

Finding the cropped clips I had worked on yesterday was easy for my teammates. The clips were moved onto one teammates’ laptop and the editing began. Clips were organized into sequential order on the timeline. Filters were then added to bring a darker hue to parts of the sequence meant to convey a heavier sense of mystery. Texts flowed freely back and forth from my phone as my teammates communicated with the group about which filters we liked.

A large chunk of time was spent reviewing the guidelines for both this project and past media studies projects. We double checked that we included a variety of camera angles, shots and movements. Transitions came along next. The group went back and forth on which transitions flowed smoothly, and what should appear like one clip. Transitions were ruled out for being too childish or cheesy or dramatic until we had a semi-decent basic timeline. We still need to finalize a music piece to go in the background.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection

Take One (Filming Production Blog)