Critic's Choice (Production Blog)

 Dearest reader,

Today, we figured that our final project was far enough along to bring in the critiques. Millie, one of my teammates finished up the editing earlier today. My sister is town for spring break, hence my absence from the blog. 

My sister is my biggest supporter in everything I do. Last media studies project, when I posted my music video, she watched it three times. Alone. Then she showed her roommate. Later, her rommate showed their friends. All this to say, she was the perfect critic to watch this latest project. 

I sat my sister down and explained to her that this was the final project for my media studies exam. I told her that I had not submitted yet and I would like any last minute critiques before it went in. 

After screening the film, my sister had several helpful critiques. For starters, she mentioned that while she found the beginning comprehensive, a little help in the setting department could go a long way. Mainly, she noted that most films begin with a big shot of the neighboorhood they are in. Being a media studies student, I realized immediately she was refrencing an establishing shot. I reached out to the teammate whose neighboorhood we filmed in and asked her if she could take an establishing shot after school. 

Once that first critique was taken care of, she brought up another: the music choice. Music has been a sore spot for my group and I throughout the entire project. Trying to work with royalty free music has proved quite the challenge. My sister said that the music in the background did not suit the beginning of a thriller film. To adapt, we plan to make some musical changes. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection

Timelines and Transitions (Editing Production Blog)

Take One (Filming Production Blog)