Dearest reader, Below is an analysis of the techniques and conventions used in creating romance movies! Camera Angles, Shots, and Movements: -Close Up: Used to express the emotions a character is feeling while the romance progresses. -Extreme Close Up: Typically used when a character cries during a romance whether tears of joy or sadness. -Wide Shots: Used to showcase the setting the romance takes place in to signal the nature of the love story. -Low Angles: Used to covey an inspiring feeling within the romance. -High Angles: Portrays vulnerability within the characters. -Two Shot: Used to capture the two love interests. -Three Shot: Used to capture love triangles or the love interests and someone they trust, usually serving as a catalyst for the realization of their feelings. -Shot Reverse Shot: Used to express conversation between characters. -Long Shot: Used to showcase the entirety of a character. -Pan: Used to show contrasting emotions or reactions from characters...
Dearest reader, What do you get when you combine four students with extracurriculars? Schedule issues. We have been trying to figure out a good time to film our final task. First we began by looking for weekends that are available. With a debater in the group, that is none. Then, we decided we will likely not get to film the whole opening sequence in one day. With this in mind, we considered after school. One member of the group is on the tennis team so she has practice every day after school except Fridays. Fridays were looking good for the group except for the fact that the next few Fridays were booked for everyone. I had a date this past Friday and I will be travelling out of town the next. Trying to align schedules has proven to be a hurculean task. February is coming to a swift end and we really want to film before March. If do not film until March, we will be running it right up to the due date with the editing. I am not sure about the editing abilities of my tea...
Dearest reader, Today I began editing our short film. Filming wrapped yesterday. We filmed the scene we needed of everyone getting in the car. After finishing at Alexandra’s house I did have to get ready for a birthday dinner immediately. This meant that there was no discussion of editing yesterday. This morning I woke up and had birthday brunch with my grandparents who live in West Palm Beach. This was about an hour drive up and another hour back plus the time spent there. With all this to say, I got to editing later in the day. First, I reached out to my group. I checked in to see how we wanted to divide up the work amongst the group. We decided we would meet via FaceTime to discuss what editing platform to use tomorrow. With a call scheduled for after school tomorrow, I checked in to see if there was anything else I could do for the group. The group needed the clips we took Friday and Saturday to undergo some slight pre-editing. We collected the clips from the various pho...
Comments
Post a Comment